Sunday, November 2, 2008

8th question

Hi, my dear classmates!

I know it's very late. Sorry. I've been bloody lazy.
Today, we talked about some serious global issues. We all agreed every problem is very urgent and acute and I think we need to start something for that right now. If we just talk and do nothing, the problems cannot be solved forever. Isn't it scary??

So, I'd like to share (and compare...^^) our ideas to save ourselves. The issues were global warming, pollution, oil peak, and poverty. Do you do something good for them? Do you have any good suggestion we can follow easily?

In my case, I donate 10,000 won for Bolivian children every month. A missionary from my mother's church went there and he wanted some help for the children there. With only 10,000 won, the family can eat, and the kids can go to school. The kid I'm helping sends me his photos and letters sometimes. It makes me happy.

And I buy all food, and the necessities of life from organic center. I think it's not only for our family but also for the environment.

What about you? If you have any good idea, please inform me.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hey, April~
I didn't have much interest in other problems unless it was directly related to me. I was really selfish. But as I got older and as a teacher, I came to look about the world around me and found out that there are so many unfair and miserable things happening.

So I started to donate through the "beautiful fund.org" several years ago and after I got to know about the terrible situateion of children in the third world, I started to support a child through "compassion."

I was kind of sad with the situation that one family could survive for a month with the money that I could spend for one minute.

kelly said...

hi there
actually we don't have many chances to help them directly..
for giving them some help, i also donate some money thourgh the group "world vision". my school have had a relationship with this oraganization for 2 years.. my students also felt sorry for the poor and unfavorable situation the kids in other countries are facing... i think it's a good start even though sometiems we heard some cruption of this knid of organizations we can change someday....